Opal Group organizes premier live conferences catered to top executives and decision-makers throughout various industries. We are dedicated to providing high-quality events and information, through unparalleled speaking sessions, workshops, and unique face-to-face networking opportunities. Our unique work environment offers an opportunity for the “self-starter” with truly unlimited growth potential.
The Human Resource Generalist plans, directs and carries out policies relating to all phases of personnel activity. The Human Resources Generalist coordinates and manages all aspects of recruiting, interviewing and hiring of an employee(s) in order to fill new or replacement job searches including new hire orientations that foster a positive attitude toward company goals. The Human Resource Generalist keeps record of insurance coverage, pension plan, and personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers and terminations. This position is remote.
Location: Remote 100%
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct telephone and in-person interviews with potential new hires and candidates
- Complete employment verifications and referral review as part of hiring process
- Coordinate new hire orientations in order to communicate company policy, culture, time & attendance policy, paid time off policy, benefits structure and other work goals
- Maintain organization charts
- Audit and update all HR documents and ensure records and files are maintained in accordance with State and Federal employment laws
- Assist in the coordination of employee activities, programs, and events
- Payroll and benefits administration
- Assist managers with disciplinary action, performance reviews, and complaint investigation as needed
- Performance of other HR duties as required
Requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- 2+ years of HR-related experience
- Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented personality
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with multiple projects
- Flexibility and willingness to learn on the fly
- Engaging, professional, and diplomatic demeanor
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and an innovative approach
- Bachelor’s Degree
Equal pay for equal work. EEO-ACA Compliance
Disclaimer: Opal Group does not ask for any personal information or payments during the recruitment process.
Equal pay for equal work. EEO-ACA Compliance.